Sunday, August 29, 2010

Still no nap

We're still working on the no nap issue, which I think will get easier when it's cool enough here to let him wear himself out in the backyard or at the park. It's just too hot to play outdoors here in the summer. It won't fix the problem entirely, I'm sure, but it should help.

The reading lessons have been going much better since I started using the timer on my wristwatch. When the timer went off for the last lesson we were just starting a new sentence, so I turned off the alarm and was going to have him finish that sentence before putting it away. He wanted me to start the timer again! I did, then after we finished the sentence we were working on I asked him if he wanted to be finished or if he wanted to do the next sentence. He chose to do the next sentence. After that he decided he was finished (there were a couple more sentences). What a difference from the previous week!

I'm grateful for the recent patch of cooler weather (we've been about 10 degrees below average for a little over a week, and are expected to stay there for at least another week). If this keeps up we might be able to start the landscaping work in the backyard sooner than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment