Friday, October 8, 2010

Another good day

Any day where I get things accomplished and feel good about myself is a good day. It used to be that days like that were just days, because they were the norm, but after PTSD and depression rear their ugly heads, your idea of a good day has to change or the depression never ends.

Among my accomplishments today:

1) Washed and vacuumed the car - still needs an interior dusting and a little extra attention to the windows.

2) Picked up ground buffalo, Swiss chard and quinoa at Whole Foods for dinner tonight - meatloaf.

3) Picked up a gizmo to attach an IDE drive to my computer via the USB port - this lets me recover data I want without having to either replace the motherboard in my Windows computer or move the drives to a much older computer. Since my current Mac is capable of running Windows natively, I see no reason to replace the motherboard when one computer can do it all as soon as I install a Windows partition.

4) Talked to a pest control guy about our little digger in the back yard, as well as the crickets and black widow spiders that hang around the house. Because he couldn't see fresh digging, he thinks the last bout of torrential rain may have collapsed the tunnel network, in which case the little pest has probably found better digs elsewhere. The crickets and spiders (who are only here because of the crickets) should be easy to take care of. His advice was to treat once, then a week later seal the gaps (not the holes) between the weep strips and the cement on the house and we'd probably never see them again. Woohoo!

5) Galen did great on his reading lesson again today - we're working on digraphs.

6) Galen is actually taking a nap.

7) Filled and took out one bag of trash, and then filled another while emptying all the secondary trash cans (bathrooms, laundry, etc.).

8) Emptied the recycling can, then refilled it as well as a box upstairs (because I hate dragging the can itself up and down the stairs).

9) Cleaned a bunch of accumulated garbage off my desk. Wow! I forgot the desk was grey!

10) Started a load of laundry (towels and kitchen items mostly).

I've got more on my to do list for today, but this is what I had done by about 2pm. I love days like this because I feel like my old self again. I wonder if the beautiful weather we're having today has anything to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment